Thursday, February 27, 2014

Ayres Body Butter

Recently Birchbox ran a contest on twitter for their Birchblogger community where they were giving away Ayres Beauty Body Butters for to try and review. I entered the contest and I was selected. I was super excited and couldn’t believe that I was selected. But my surprise does not end there. For the contest we had to tweet what Ayres Beauty Body Butter we wanted to try. I chose Patagonia. So I thought I was just going to receive the Patagonia body butter and a sample of the Patagonia Shea Butter soap, which was another item they were going to include. When I received the package, I was soooooooooooo excited to see that I had received all three scents of the Ayres Body Butter…..so of course I started dancing around from the excitement. 

 
 
The Ayres brand is inspired by the street, bars and women of Buenos Aires, Argentina. In traditional Spanish, the name of the city was spelled "Buenos Ayres"m hence the name of the brand Ayres.
 
The Body Butters have a paraben-ree formula, contains a signature blend of natuarl plant emollients, herbal extracts, shea butter, and vitamins, such as Vitamin E to soothe and moisturize skin. The Body Butters are currently available in Pampas Sunries, Midnight Tango, and Patagonia.
 
 
 
The Birchnox Shop describes the scent as follows:
 
Pampas Sunrise: anchored by cedarwood, invigorates with citrus, patchouli, and spearmint notes.
 
Midnight Tango: a blend of orange blossom and vanilla
 
Patagonia: is a soothing mix of jasmine, lavender, ylang-ylang, and fir
 
The soap is a rich blend of cocoa butter, shea butter and olive oil cleanses, hydrates and softens skin. Available in the same scents as the body butters.
 
All three Body Butters smell amazing, but my favorite is Patagonia. You do not need to use a lot of product to feel your skin instantly smoother and moisturized. Another plus about this body butter is that it is absorbed very quickly by the skin, so you do not feel greasy or oily as some other lontions/body butters may feel.
 
The soap is really moisturizing and does not leave the skin feeling dry and it smells amazing.
 
After using the producst for a little bit, I think I might have fallen in love and I'm definitely picking up more of the body butters after I use all three of them and I will try out Ayres' other products as well. If you have not checked Ayres out yet, you should definitely do so at either the Birchbox site or Ayres' site. The Body Butter sell for $28 for a 6.75 oz tub and the soap sells for $10 for a 6.35 oz bar at the Birchbox Shop and Ayres site.
 
*Disclaimer: I received these product through a twitter contest. All opinions are mine and I did not receive any monetary compensation from Birchbox nor Ayres.



1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome that you got to try these out and review them! I love the Birchbloggers giveaways. The Midnight Tango sounds like it'd be right up my alley. Maybe someday I'll get to try it out myself.

    ReplyDelete